Tuesday, April 14, 2015

One for the Thumb

I grew up with three brother and a sister.  My dad was a minister in the years when they were moved every three or four years.  Many times those many siblings were my sole companions as we adjusted to a new address and before we established new outside friendships.

I always thought that five kids was a pretty good number.  Even when you were on the short side of as-evenly-split-as-five-can-be, you still weren't alone.  If it ever got to four on one, you knew it was time to give up the battle - you were hopelessly outnumbered.

When the five us get together, we still tell the same stories over and over and over again:  clam chowder (gross and disgusting and makes us laugh EVERY time), apple cider (oops, forgot to include the word "vinegar" in that drink offer - sorry, Dean), snow tunnels (after Dean's concussion we had to cave them in - grrrr - maybe he deserved the "apple cider").  If you have siblings, you know I could keep going.  We keep adding new tales, but the old ones are best, and apparently bear repeating.  We crack ourselves up!

So the happy Granma news is there are more babies on the way!  Yes, plural!  Court and Christine, of Aidan, Josiah and Elijah fame are adding to their family - with TWINS!!!  There will be five under five in that household!  I can't wait!  Of course, I get to love them up and send them home, which could have some distinct advantages at 2:00 AM.  And there is a possibility, scant as we all believe it to be, that there will be a grandGIRL!  At least there is a 50/50 chance - twice!  Does that equal 100%?  Might need to check my math on that one.

So the other day my mother was commenting that she wasn't sure how Court and Christine would manage:  five is a lot of kids!  Yeah, I know, Mom, I'm one of five, too!  Hmmmm, does that mean she has forgotten or that she remembers?

I love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment