Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Call from Comfort

Luke 22:39-46
This passage brings us to 
The Mount of Olives.
I think this might be the time
Jesus is the most human to me.
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me..."

Jesus knew what lay ahead of him, 
I think this one verse shows how human he was
and yet how divine, 
"..yet not my will, but yours be done."

Mary and Joseph weren't facing an agonizing
death, few of us are called 
to that level of obedience.
But they were being called out of their comfort zone,
and by all accounts they rose to the occasion. 

Luke 1:38, 
"I am the Lord's servant. 
Let it be with me as you have said."
Was Mary's response.
Joseph meant to divorce Mary quietly
until an angel came to him and told him 
.."do not be afraid.."
Joseph took Mary home as his wife.

Very seldom ,does it seem, that I am 
called out of my comfort zone to 
exercise my obedience.

My prayer is, 
Lord, your will, not mine, be done, 
I am the Lord's servant, 
I will not be afraid.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment