Friday, December 11, 2015

Ahh, The Movies!

Christmas movies.
I love Christmas movies.
But I don't mean those made-for-TV kind.

My favorites are
National Lampoons Christmas vacation
followed closely by 
White Christmas.
But I have to get in at least one viewing of
Elf,
The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (both versions)
and
Miracle On 34th Street (again, both versions).

In all of these, you would be hard pressed to find the
Christ.

But you know where I find Him?
In the (sometimes) quiet time spent with 
people I love.
Hunkered down with blankets 
and warm (or warming) drinks (wink, wink).

CHRISTmas draws us together.
We seem to crave community stronger this time of year.
God created us to be in community.
God came down to earth to be with us.

I'm not entirely certain God approves of my taste
in Christmas movies, 
but I'm sure He is smiling, 
watching down as His children 


come together.
( And maybe shaking His head a little bit.)

1 comment:

  1. Merry, this made me think: God says, "Come together, right now, over Me." <3

    ReplyDelete