Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Been There - Haven't Found the Exit Yet

So I started this blog on the premise that I am the mother of three and the grandmother of five BOYS.  There have been some female additions since then,whom I love very much - welcome Bella, Faith and Naomi!!!  They are breaking me in slowly and surely.  (Did you know that grandgirlies will actually walk around the block with you while pushing baby dolls in a baby carriage?!  Who knew?!)

Last weekend the family gathered for a birthday celebration for Colin and Corey.  Born 50 weeks apart, they have forever had to share birthday honors.  Side note:  my brother Bruce and I are also 50 weeks apart.  I spent many happy decades taunting that I was as old as he was for two whole weeks!  Now the tables have turned and he reminds me that I'm as old as he is for those two weeks annually.  He should end up with many more decades than I got to gloat over.

Anyway, there were 14 of us vying for food, table space and talk time.  Quite the cacophony of sound and bodies - and an absolute favorite for me!  The three at the top of the page are a generation removed.  What a funny way to say that - they aren't removed from ME!!!  I keep them as close as often as I can!

The victory gloat!
The two to the left, though, I get full credit for - which means half credit since it does take two to tango.  And what might they be doing?  Dinner is finished (not a leftover to be found) and cake is still to come.  The table, which had been set with table cloth, flowers and cloth napkins, is now missing a couple of napkins.  Court, sporting the impressive beard, and Colin, his backside front and center, are giving their best boyhood display of affection running around the house - with napkins - soaked in water - snapping at each other - leaving welts.  So what do I do but grab a camera and document.

It's only a matter of time before the grandboys will join in the fraying of the napkins.  It's just one of those things that boys do - to each other and to their sisters, too.  If you need help, girlies, I grew up with three brothers.  It just requires the right amount of water, feigned disinterest and a snap of the wrist when he least expects it.  Then run like crazy for your mom and dad, looking innocent as you hide behind them.  Oh, snap!!



1 comment:

  1. :) I can feel the fun energy and love in that home! <3 Fun twist on your grandbabies blog, to take a look at where they came from to see where they might go.

    ReplyDelete